|Introduction to C++ for Game Programmers (Base Course)|
|The C++ programming language plays the major role in programming video games and this course teaches you object oriented C++ from scratch, starting with concepts that first appeared in C.|
This course is intended for beginner/intermediate level and the goal is to teach the basics of C++, and cover some advanced topics in C++, which are necessary for programming games in general.
The course starts with concepts from the C language, moving on to more powerful techniques introduced in C++. The basics of C++ include topics like core C++ syntax, classes and objects, memory management, etc. These topics are basically geared towards teaching the nuts and bolts of the C++ language.
The following lectures are to be completed in 5 weeks:
- Lecture 1 Brief history, Tools of the Trade, Hello World example, Compiling using the IDE, Introduction to binary and hexadecimal numbers, Data types, Variables, Constants, Basic input and output
- Lecture 2 Expressions and operators, Operator precedence, Type conversions, Branching (if/switch)
- Lecture 3 Loops, The string data type, Functions, Function overloading, Output formatting, Enumeration type
- Lecture 4 Arrays, Multidimensional arrays, Vectors, Structures, Type definitions, Reading and writing text files
- Lecture 5 Pointers, Pointers and arrays, Pointer arithmetic, Arrays of pointers, Pointers to functions, Dynamic memory, References
- Lecture 6 Objects and classes, Definition, Constructors and destructors, Implementation, Using classes, Inheritance, Polymorphism
|Unique users today:|
| ||Forum stats:|
| ||Since March'06:|